Lighthouse Christian Preschool operates as an outreach ministry of Lighthouse Baptist Church. Lighthouse Christian Preschool seeks to reach and minister to the children and families in the community by offering a high quality weekday preschool program.
Lighthouse Baptist Church strives to strengthen the lives of the preschool families by providing opportunities for involvement in its many ministries.
Lighthouse Christian Preschool’s educational philosophy is to focus on the development of the whole child, taking into consideration each child’s individual needs and development. The spiritual, social and emotional, intellectual, and physical growths of each child are all of equal importance.
We provide developmentally age-appropriate preschool experiences that are designed to help the child grow and develop:
- Spiritually by providing a chapel experience and by integrating a biblical worldview throughout the curriculum and learning environment.
- Christ-centered character qualities are modeled through the love of our staff and the responses given to the children in our care. Bible stories, songs, and prayer give children an awareness of God’s love for them.
- Socially and Emotionally by encouraging participation in group activities, getting along with others and developing a feeling of security and belonging.
- Intellectually by encouraging an enthusiasm for learning through observation, exploration and hands-on experiences. By building knowledge and skills through the active process of interacting with materials, equipment, teachers and their classmates.
- Physically by encouraging experiences that develop large and small muscle coordination and motor skills.
We believe that each child is a unique gift from God and should be surrounded in a loving, Christ-centered atmosphere where they can feel confident and safe as they experiment, make mistakes, learn self-discipline and have the opportunity to make good choices. Our teachers strive to create an environment where children are encouraged to grow in all areas of development, inspiring them to do great things, as they discover the world God created for them.